Is this a Wireless Power Consortium (Xi, “Chee”) or Alliance for Wireless Power (Rezence) Compliant Design?
- No, Xi/Rezence compliant designs are limited to low power, 5W systems.
- WiPow devices are designed for 50W to 300W systems.
- Xi/Rezence devices require placing handheld electronics on a charging pad.
- WiPow technology is for wheeled/mobile devices.
What does the user do to charge a device?
- Roll the device on top of the Power Pad or next to the Power Port.
- The device starts charging, and a green light turns on to indicate this.
- WiPow devices are simple to operate.
What does the user do to take a device and use it?
- "Grab-N-Go" means simply roll the device to location and use it.
- The green charging light will shut off and a battery status indicator will turn on.
- The device can be used both on and off the power pad.
Will WiPow systems clear FCC Emissions requirements?
- Yes. The frequencies chosen to do WiPow charging were selected so that RF emissions are not a problem and will easily meet FCC restrictions.
What about other regulatory and safety requirements?
- The WiPow group recognizes the importance of regulatory compliance.
- WiPow enabled devices are intended for commercial production.
- Electrical safety, isolation and electromagnetic energy limitations were key elements of the design process.
- Meeting UL 2738, IEC 61010-1, and IEC 60601-1 were addressed in the initial technology development.
- Downstream compliance of final products will not be an issue.
- Your product category may have unique regulatory issues.
- The WiPow group can help navigate the issues associated with your product.
In our hospital, nothing is allowed on the floor, can we still use a WiPow device?
- The Power Port© method is wall mounted.
- Nothing is on the floor.
- The mobile device is placed next to the Power Port and the WiPow system does the rest.
How “fussy” is alignment of the mobile cart to the Power Pad?
- WiPow devices are designed to tolerate alignment errors.
- If the device is moved off center by a large amount the power transfer reduces.
- The Power Pad will successfully charge at full rate when off-center by as much as 4 inches (10 cm).
- Alignment is not critical for the Power Pad.